While aging is a natural, unavoidable process, that doesn’t mean we can’t slow the clock down. Aging more slowly and with grace is every woman’s goal. There are lotions, potions, and serums that promise life changing results. Most anti-aging techniques are simpler and less expensive, however. Here are 10 you can use to slow down, and potentially slightly reverse, the hands of time.
- Exfoliate skin. Dead skin makes your face look dry and older, while using a gentle exfoliant will wash away the layers of dead skin and revealing fresh, younger looking skin beneath.
- Wear blush, and use it properly. The older we are, the more likely it is that our skin has lost its rosy glow. A quick application of blush imitates the flush of youth. Be sure to apply beginning on the apples of your cheeks and swiping upward towards the hairline.
- Keep your eyebrows shaped. The eyebrows frame the face, and definition in them opens up your eyes and makes you look younger. If your eyebrows have gotten sparse, or are especially light, consider a brow filling product such as brow powder or gel, or have them professionally tinted.
- Have some carefully placed highlights done around your face. The lighter shade wipes away years and looks great on almost everyone.
- Exercise. Any type of exercise, from walking to high impact aerobics will increase circulation and blood flow to the skin, making it look brighter and more youthful.
- Eat more oily fish or take an Omega-3 supplement. The fats found in these helps keep skin cells in good shape, which leaves your skin with an age-busting glow.
- Get plenty of sleep. Beauty sleep is a real thing. Your body cells regenerate and repair damage while you’re sleeping. Getting enough is an effortless way to keep your skin looking great.
- Always apply sunscreen. Age spots and other damage from the sun rush the aging process. Wearing sunscreen every day can help prevent the damage.
- Don’t wear the same makeup you wore 5 or 10 years ago. As we age, we have unique needs for makeup, both to downplay and accent certain parts of our face. Makeup formulas are rapidly changing as well, and the newer products often work better. If you’re not sure how to update your makeup or what will look best on you, consider having a session with a professional makeup artist to give you tips, tricks, and recommend products.
And last, but certainly not least:
- Get the occasional facial. While at home treatments are very important and can help, day to day, to keep your skin beautiful, a professional treatment can’t be topped for helping to make your skin look more vital and youthful. Consider scheduling a session as often as your time and budget will allow.
These 10 tips and tricks can help you to look your very best, regardless of your age. While the fountain of youth may not exist, these ideas come close. Work some or all of them into your routine to see the years melt away and the help aging process move as slowly as possible.
*Feature image found at http://www.femalevenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/anti-aging.jpg