It never hurts to have a few extra beauty tips up your sleeve, so here’s Part 2 of Beauty Tips and Tricks. Find part 1 here.
- Has your mascara dried out? Fix it with a simple solution: Drop a couple of drops of eye drops or contact lens solution into the tube, reinsert the brush, and give it some good shakes. This will bring it back to life and make it good as new. (But remember that mascara should always be thrown out after 3 months.)
- To tame unruly brows, spray a bit of hairspray onto an old mascara brush and comb over them. The hairspray will help set them as the brush combs them into place.
- Keep lipstick off your teeth by putting your finger in your mouth and puckering you lips while you pull it out. The extra lipstick will end up on your finger instead.
- For extra soft legs, use baby oil instead of shaving gel or cream when you shave. You’ll save your skin from irritation and treat your legs to an extra dose of moisture.
- If your nails have staining on them from dark polishes, use this simple trick to brighten them: Soak cotton pads with lemon juice, wrap around your finger tip, then wrap aluminum foil over top. Let set for 15-20 minutes, then remove. Your nails should look much clearer.
- To help insure you get the haircut you want, bring in magazine photos or save them on your phone to show your stylist. This way you will know you are both on the same page before the cutting begins.
- If you’ve decided to dye your hair at home, it’s best to stay within a couple of shades of your natural color. More drastic changes should be left to professionals.
- For eyeshadow that will last, put a coat of primer on your lids before applying. This will keep it in place longer than eyeshadow alone.
- To keep curly or wavy hair from getting frizzy, use only a wide tooth comb to detangle it.
- To prevent nail polish from getting on your skin, apply a bit of Vaseline around the edges of your nail. This will protect the skin from polish and you can wipe it off easily after your nails dry. As an added bonus, your cuticles will get a bit of needed nourishment from the Vaseline
- Keep your hands off your face unless you are washing it or applying a moisturizer or serum. Oils from your fingers can cause pimples and clogged pores.
- Don’t test foundations on the inside of your wrist. This area is paler than your face, so always test for a match on your face or neck.
Use these additional simple tips and tricks to help you put your best foot forward every day. Small details can make all the difference.
Feature image located here: http://justwebsurfing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Beauty-Tricks-1-800×416.jpg